Plan to arrive at the office at least 15 minutes prior to the appointment to allow for parking. The test will take approximately one and one-half hours. If for any reason this appointment cannot be kept, please notify the office as soon as possible by calling 979.693.6000.
Certain medications may influence the findings of the VNG exam. Therefore we ask that you not take any non-essential medications for THREE DAYS prior to the appointment time and that you particularly avoid:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Sleeping pills
- Tranquilizers (i.e. Valium, Xanax, etc.)
- Anti-histamines (i.e. Benadryl, Dimetapp, Zyrtec, Allegra, Claritin, Astelin, etc.)
- Anti-dizzy pills (i.e. Antivert, Meclizine, etc.)
- Anti-nausea pills (i.e. Phenergran, Dramamine, Thorazine, etc.)
- Narcotics of any kind
- Cold and allergy medicines (including over-the-counter)
- Medications which contain any of the above
- Please continue to take heart, high blood pressure and anticonvulsant medications.
- Do not drink coffee, tea, soda or any beverage containing caffeine within 24 hours of the test.
- Do not smoke within 24 hours of the test.
- Do not eat or drink anything for a period of 3 hours before the time of your test.
- Do not wear eye make-up and please wear comfortable (loose) clothing.
We recommend that a friend or family member drive you home. Most people feel fine after a few minutes, while some continue to feel a little dizzy after testing.